Followers

Saturday 1 August 2015

Fruit Smoothies

After missing out on the free Blend Active on a local selling site, I saw another for sale. 
I hadn't heard of it before, only similar blenders which were ridiculously hard to clean or where I wouldn't think I would use it enough to warrant the price. 

Doing my online research I found a brand new one for a similar price. This blender particularly appealed to me because the bottle was attached to the blender and it was all blended in the bottle, ready to consume, easy. 

The offer I found was for the family pack, 2x 300ml bottle and 2x 600ml bottles. I thought it was worth a whirl, considering I wanted to try and have more smoothies, something easy I could eat/drink in the mornings to keep me going throughout the day.

Here are the first two recipes I tried out and throughly enjoyed, I weaned myself in easy with fruits and flavours I enjoy - raspberries and strawberries.


Berry Banana Smoothie
Ingredients:
8 raspberries (8cal) 
6 blackberries (12cal)
100g Greek non fat yoghurt (55cal)
1 large banana (154cal)
300ml Apple Juice (130cal) 

Total of 359 calories per 600ml bottle 
Half the recipe for 300ml bottle (178calories)




Strawberry Kiwi Breakfast Shake
Ingredients:
100g non fat Greek yogurt (55cal)
1 Morrison's wheat biscuit (64cal)
3 medium strawberries (12cal)
1 small banana (106cal)
1 kiwi (42cal)
A touch of water to help it blend

Total of 279cal for 300ml


I can't wait to try out some more.
I may have 'accidentally' bought a lot of things to try out - chia seeds, coconut water, almond milk, lots of greens...

No comments:

Post a Comment