Followers

Sunday 10 June 2012

First Smash, Using Clippings


{Crafting doesn't have to be expensive}

As most of you know, I have a passion for crafts, my latest new love and find is Smash booking. (A smash book is like a Scrapbook but but messier! Where you log your items, things, tickets and journal, lots of great fun!)
Crafting items and products can be very expensive to buy though and isn't at all a cheap hobby. But Smash booking doesn't have to be expensive...

For my first title page, in my black book I have used, scraps, Magazine/Catalog clippings and 3 embellishments (gems, a button and a flower) I picked up my free catalog at a local store. Also a stamped image.

As the first page in the book next to my vellum sheet was light blue, which I am not sure if it is suppose to be used as a page but I am making the most of my book! I found some beautiful blue and turquoise scraps in my scrap draw. Looking though the catalog there was lots of purple and turquoise bed covers and some great words which were also blue and purple, so I used these colours as my base colours. Also whilst looking through my scraps draw there was a piece of yellow that kept grabbing my eye, so I thought that this would be great standing out of my page beings as the other colours were a lot darker. I found a yellow button to match - everyone has spare buttons laying around or on old clothes they don't want. There are even some cheap items of clothing in a charity shop you could cut them off of. I love buttons and have bought loads so it was good to get some use out of them.

I laid out my items, kept moving them around. Left it for awhile, came back to see if I still liked it and stuck them all down. Using my Bigshot I cut out some letters from Sizzlits Bounce letters collection. Cut out the middle of the large A and stuck them down.
Something wasn't quite right and thought I needed an image. I adore the gorgeous girl stamps and love colouring them in. I chose to use, Sunkissed Pink Promarker for the skin tone, Coca Promarker for the hair colour, Amethyst and Denim Blue Promarker for the dress and tights.

First Smash book page complete. Onto the next...

11 comments:

  1. Thats really neat, I love how you have used odds and ends, I think I may have to go and raid my stash now :) Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks brilliant so far hun :D thanx for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab! You're so right I often use embellishments I have in a digital form & print them out. I bought some magazines too to you & I spend time looking on the web for freebies as well. I know the books aren't cheap but you don't have to spend a lot decorating them but it still can look amazing! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for missing your blog...had a visitor pop in and lost where I was at...your smash book looks brill and bet it's lots of fun...happy blogging Lorsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous, great inspiration for me as I got one of these books for my birthday on Wednesday and haven't done anything to it yet.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab so far danni,well done sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous Danni, love it

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! Can't wait to see more! Lea xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab page great idea tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab page, happy leapblogging :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete